ZDZ 40 RE, 60 plus oz of fuel now

brett terry brett.terry at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 09:03:38 AKST 2004

Gas engines typically are screamers, especially when used on a
Pitts-style muffler.  However I know these gas engines can be quiet
also.  I have a ZDZ 80 on a KS-style can in a 94" Giles, and I need to
rev the engine at times to be sure it is still running.  It has a lot
of prop noise and a low, deep exhaust note on the ground, but is
extremely quiet in the air.

Jim, I don't know whether you can comment on the actual sound
intensity, but could you provide us with a relative figure?