Elev. Pull pull Question

Keith Black tkeithb at comcast.net
Mon Nov 29 23:17:01 AKST 2004

I've used these control arms too and personally I think they're great. I understand what Lance is talking about regarding the "look", but after studying it carefully I realized that it only looks funny because the arm sticks out so far and is fairly close to the surface. Mechanically it's no different that if you had a post sticking straight up from the hinge. I believe if they were mounted a bit further from the surface (in other words on a longer post) they wouldn't look funny. As to the stress angles, Lance has a point that there will be more stress at the location the black plastic hooks onto the threaded post, but I feel they will easily hold up to this stress and it's not a concern.

Hey, who really cares if it plays tricks on your eyes as long as it works!  Personally I don't spend much time staring at the control horns anyway. ;-)

Cat's Meow? Maybe not, but darn close. The only thing that keeps them from being the Cat's Meow in my book is the 6/32 threads which don't offer as precision of adjustments as 4/40 or the MK horns.

Lance's suggestion of offsetting the control arm at the servo is perfectly valid also.

Keith Black