Painting the Temptation fueslage

Ed Alt Ed_Alt at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 29 16:35:22 AKST 2004

Planning ahead for springtime painting here.  What are the preparation steps needed to paint the composite material that is used for the Piedmont Temptation?  I'm planning on using PPG paint from Tony.  I've used it a number of times on fiberglass with good results, but I am wondering about whether any primer is advisable, at least over seams where I have to do some putty work.

Also, while on the subject of the Temptation, what's the best epoxy to use for bonding high stress parts inside that fuselage?

Thanks
Ed