wing tip shape - del Klipped 4 reposting..

Del Rykert drykert at localnet.com
Thu Nov 25 02:16:09 AKST 2004

Hi John.
    We seal the gap primarily to obtain consistent and equal response to the
deflection of the flight surface.  Granted in a not well supported hinged
surface it may also encourage flutter and ailerons extended into wingtip are
very susceptible to flutter. With surfaces sealed I see no advantaged of
rounding the leading edge or not.
     Happy Turkey Day to all.

                         del
               NSRCA - 473