to tune the pipe

Dean & Melissa Williams dmwilliams at bigpond.com
Wed Nov 24 20:21:00 AKST 2004

Hi
Could you please tell me if I have to tune the pipe length for a CD mkII system for the YS FZ91  , I purchased this system  several years ago and have just set it up.
If I do have to tune the length how do I do it and at what length ?
I have the Cd mkII pipe +CD header + CDflexible header + CDmounting system.
I am running 20/20 fuel an a 14 x 10 apc prop with a Hyde mount.
The YS idles at 1950 to 2000 and seems to max out at 8900 to 9000 rpm still seems rich (lots of oil out of the exhaust ) and the high end needle seems insensitive until you go too lean and start dropping rpm.
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanking you
                    Dean