Tent Camper to Airplane Trailer Conversion

Marty King mking46516 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 22 04:47:56 AKST 2004

Bruce,

Harry Slone from Dayton has a trailer made up here close to me in Constantine Michigan that is the same platform as a camper but was made just for planes. If you gut the entire insides leaving only the floor and sidewalls you have the bottom half. If yours has a lid that serves as a roof what I have seen is a rack built to hold the wings. The floor is then modified to suit your type of models, with landing gear without landing gear. Remember to remove the small hoding tank and plumbing as that has some weight to it to.

Be sure to carry at least one spare tire and wheel! Those little things really have to spin to keep up with your cars tires.

Marty

Pattrnflyr at aol.com wrote:
I have the opportunity to buy a small tent camper for $500.  Anybody have any thoughts/suggestions or experience with converting a tent camper to an airplane hauler.  I want to be able to pull this thing with a compact or sub compact car and carry all my stuff.  My plan is to strip out all the camper stuff and make it a dedicated plane hauler.  The body is about 96" long and 80" wide.

TIA,

Bruce