The JR XP9303

Troy A. Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Sun Nov 21 16:07:21 AKST 2004

Bill,

The servo Mate function allows you to turn off a channel like the gear or
flap channel...And then "MATE" this servo with the elevator or the rudder or
anything else. This then makes the gear channel Rudd#2 or elevator #2. Now
anything that happens with the rates or mixing the elevator pair or rudder
pair of servos work as if both were plugged into the elevator channel. Not
only that but I think the radio actually renames the gear channel to rudder
#2 if that's what you are doing. You then use sub trims to set the linkage
geometry and Travel Volume on each separate channel to get the throw to
match.

This acts like a match box but is in the TX. You can mate up any of the
servos. Like Flaps, Spoilers, elevators, ailerons, and even the throttles.
This works cool for a twin engine model or I have a friend using it for the
Webra 160 MC carb setup. When doing the dual throttle channels...you can
have seperate throttle trims and throttle curves for each servo. I helped a
buddy setup his Webra on the MC carb using this dual throttle servo function
for the carb and mixture controls on that motor.

Its a really neat and versatile function that the radio is  pioneering by
being the first giving this functionality. This frees up all your program
mixes and eliminates the confusion on setting up program mixes. Where the
trim is on or off or the mix is linked to be called out by other mixes. The
biggest problem I see when other radios are being used for like dual servos
for a function is that they don't get the trim to work and or they don't
have in linked for other mixes to make the function work. What I mean is the
elevators are mixed...but you need to mix up elevator to the rudder to
correct for coupling issues. If you don't setup the Program mixes correctly
only the servo plugged into the elev channel will move when commanded by the
rudder. The radios are capable of solving this problem but its often not
very clear in the manuals and is kind of a tough to figure out problem on
other systems.
The Servo "Mate" function makes this as easy as turning the gear channel off
and then assigning the gear channel to be elev #2 and its a done deal. Now
everything that happens to elevator #1 in terms of mixing-trim-rates also
happens to Elevator #2.

Once you try this feature you'll be blown away at the possibilities. This
will work great for dual ailerons on bigger foamies all the way up to Jets
with twin tails or dual flap servos and Giant Scale models like 33% and 40%
models with multiple  servos on a surface without the need for a matchbox.

Troy Newman
Team JR