"Cabinet Grade Particle Board"....where can I find it?

Tom Simes nsrca at shinymetalass.com
Thu Nov 18 11:49:03 AKST 2004

I build on a hollow core door supported by two saw horses.  For a
pinning surface, I use acoustical ceiling tiles (unfinished side up)
taped together and I usually replace the tiles with each new model.  The
door is a good size and height for building and is light and stiff
enough that you needn't worry too much about it sagging.  Therefore
you don't need an elaborate support structure underneath it.  While not
machinist grade flat, it is definitely flat enough (although I will
admit to going through the pile of doors and sighting down the edges
before picking one).  To my mind, the door setup offers a very high
amount of flat and convenience for the money.

Besides, when I'm not building I just fold the saw horses and stack the
whole thing out of the way.

--
Tom

       |  ,  |               Tom Simes