DZ Disaster

Adam Glatt adam.g at sasktel.net
Wed Nov 17 19:47:04 AKST 2004

One of my DZs stripped the cam and crank gears due to overheating.  With
the cooling I had at the time, the Greve DZ pipe was very hot to touch
(i.e. burns skin nearly instantly) after landing.  I added a bunch of
holes in the bottom of the bellypan in the landing gear area, and from
then on I had more power, better runs, and could grab the pipe
immediately after landing.