Masters' 2005

Bob Pastorello rcaerobob at cox.net
Mon Nov 15 14:45:57 AKST 2004

Read all the thread...interesting comments.  So far, I've found it to be kind of a loopy thing....seems like a lot of different radii loops, part loops, etc....a couple of interesting things...
    1.  The Immelman before the Vertical 8....if you like a mid-entry, that has to be a pretty small Immelmann.
    2.  The Figure 9 - a lot like in FAI - it can be deceivingly-close to the edge of the box...and one has to manage the size closely or ELSE...
    3.  The Top Hat...you better be positiioned to go OUT on this guy, which means the stuff BEFORE has to be in close - which, BTW, is all the loopy stuff that we LOVE to make nice and large.  LIke Jim W. already pointed out - this whole sequence can end up at the ends of the earth if not well managed for the very first Stall Up maneuver....
    4.  The Rev. Avalanche - those of us with large slower styles, and good-braking props can get it slow enough to not worry about part-shedding.  If you have a cleaner design that builds energy on down loops...well...you WILL bend parts and possibly break parts.  AND - as Gene M. pointed out - if an engine hiccup occurs - YOU'RE DEAD.  End of story.

It will be interesting to observe how some of the presentation gets judged.

Bob Pastorello
NSRCA 199  AMA 46373
rcaerobob at cox.net
www.rcaerobats.net