Better Mousetrap...

John Ferrell johnferrell at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 15 06:12:32 AKST 2004

I have never understood the value of the qualify/finals scheme.
It only makes sense when you don't have enough contestants to fill the allocated time.
How about just flying 8 rounds for everyone? Weather problems just reduce the number of rounds.
The only question then would be the number of rounds dropped.

The FAI format could be altered as well, we do a few things different than the international rules already. The FAI contestants seem to be dwindling anyway so it may be that it can be left alone.

John Ferrell
My Competition is not my enemy!
http://DixieNC.US