To Matrix or not to Matrix

George Kennie geobet at gis.net
Sun Nov 14 09:19:20 AKST 2004

Ron,
Now that's what I was looking for! My inexperience left a gaping hole in my understanding of how the current system is implemented.
After the error of my previous post had been pointed out I went back to the drawing board and was all set to make another submission which, except for slight variances in the seeding turned out to be exactly what you outline.
I agree that paper based scenarios can predict inequitable outcomes, but also believe that actuarials will represent truth!
As far as flameouts, mechanical failures,equipment drop-offs, electronic malfunctions, e.t.c  being unfair, I disagree with that assessment. IMO you come prepared, which is your responsibility, you do your best, and if fate deals you a bad hand you take your licks, smile and carry on without whining about something you cannot change.
I really thank you for taking the time to explain the system for my enlightenment, however, bear in mind that when I see what I think are inequities in the seeding you can expect that I will make an effort to expect an explanation.I realize that you're not obligated to me in any way, it's just that I like to see things fair, as I think you do also.
I'm convinced that the current system is a fair and unbiased arrangement which should produce the appropriate winner.
Thanks again,
Georgie