To Matrix or not to Matrix

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Sat Nov 13 10:21:40 AKST 2004

Maybe I'm being dense, but it seems to me that what George describes
below has either one round of Master/F3A competing in the morning on
two sites and another round of Master competing in the afternoon or two
rounds of Master/F3A competing in the morning on two sites and another
round of Master/F3A competing in the afternoon.  In the first case, you
can't normalize because all pilots on a site didn't fly in front of the
same set of judges.  In the second case, the whole day has been used up
for either Master or F3A and one group has no scores for the day.  Help
me out here, please.

BTW, the way the matrix system is implemented now, the top eight
entrants are seeded, based on the previous Nats, and the top four are
distributed among groups 1, 2, 3, 4, and  the next four are distributed
among groups 1, 2, 3, 4.

Ron Van Putte