Topic -Vet's Day

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Thu Nov 11 10:09:03 AKST 2004

Lt.Col. Hackworth's essay, (link below) was written in 1994.  It is
still timely.  For those who may not know about Lt. Col. Hackworth, he
is a highly decorated combat veteran of Viet Nam.  His Purple Heart(s)
were won the hard way.
I have had the honor of meeting several Medal of Honor winners.  There
is a common thread among them; simply put, it goes:  "I didn't do
anything special; I was just there at the right place at the right
time.  Anybody would have done the same thing."  Maybe.  But, they DID
it. All honor to our service people, wherever they serve, whatever they do.
May God Bless them.
Bill Glaze