replacement mounts for Hyde A mount

JonLowe at aol.com JonLowe at aol.com
Mon Nov 8 18:30:03 AKST 2004

In a message dated 11/8/2004 9:24:42 PM Central Standard Time,
Ed_Alt at hotmail.com writes:
I've got a Hyde A type that did it's time with a Webra 1.60 and now is needed
to hold an OS 1.60. It appears that I could make it fit by slicing off the
webbing on the top of each beam and maybe just a little light sanding inside the
beams to make a snug fit. However, it might be cleaner to start over with
replacement beams.  Someone told me these are basically Sig beam mounts that
Merle uses?  Checking the Sig website, there doesn't seem to be an exact match,
but P/N SIGEM003, meant for .61 to .90's looks like it could do the job.

Merle sells replacement beams for a reasonable price.  I bought a set
sometime back.  He even sent instructions of how to do it!

Jon Lowe