402 shootout

Chuck Hochhalter cshochhalter at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 8 17:24:55 AKST 2004

What a fantastic weekend!!!!  The stories, the lies, the lies, the stories.  Really, I recommend to everyone who can get together to do something like this.  Friendships gained and just good ole jaw jacking rib poking fun was had by all.  Jim and his custom awards (ARF ARF) to Don trying to explain that he might actually be slurring 1 hour after everyone noticed the first time.  Waking up the next morning realizing you prolly should had the last couple of beers to calm your nerves.  Coffee, not near enuff time to get enuff coffee in your system to fly round 1 at 8:30am.  I can't post the initial thoughts of the unknown sequence and after using 3 stick planes and four different opinions we still tought Don figured this out on his back... can you really exit inverted that many times in a row??? Well, once we decided we all had winter building projects and if there was a way to retire a plane this would be a good excuse so away we went!

Everyone Flew very well.. Mark (MOVE UP) Hunt was dead on and flew the unknown like he wrote it.. hmmm.. maybe a little better than Don (poke poke).  Jim was rolling right along as he used a different plane for almost every round.  Richard flew very well and I enjoyed his calling.. even when i pulled out the wrong way on the FIRST unknown maneuver.. he politely pointed out what the **** was that and mentioned i might want to figure out how to go back the other way... stupid 1/4 rolls.

Tommy S..  great job, really impressed with you sticking with guns.
Steve.. hope you cant afford any fuel to practice as i know you are nipping at our heels.. great job flying.
Mark you can have you 20 bucks... even though you so kindly offered towards my fuel fund to work on my 2 1/2 rolls opposite.
David flew very well, i hadnt seen him fly much and he had motor troubles during the season but took the unknown by the reins being the first pilot and tore it up, great job!!
And then there was Martin..... i think i might send an email to Continental about you flying the pattern in the sims... wow, you flew great and I know i gotta burn some fuel to catch up now!!

Again, thanks to Don and Richard for a great little event and their time.. Jim for the hospitality and his wife for some amazing treats.. the prop cheese spreader was a great touch!

Wow.. CAN'T WAIT TILL NEXT YEARS EVENT??? HUH RICHARD?  JIM??

And remember, every maneuver starts with a 10...

Chuck Hochhalter