excelleron 90 wing center section

George Kennie geobet at gis.net
Sat Nov 6 14:08:52 AKST 2004

The cotton-pickin' thing has a two-by-four for a dihedral brace! And
hard wood at that! I don't think the center joint is going to fail
any time soon.  Now, it  may fail outboard of the brace as the brace
is extremely short, but the spars appeared to be spruce or bass so
it may end up being O.K.
Mine came out a little on the heavy side, but it still doesn't want
to come down on landing approaches. I'll probably utilize the
airbrake function on this one.
G.