Electric Pattern Pioneers - Please share your experiances...

Keith Black tkeithb at comcast.net
Fri Nov 5 16:03:30 AKST 2004

Many of us have watched with interest as the pioneers of electric pattern have been making the change from IC to electric. No doubt things have come a long way and in fact it's pretty clear that this is the way of the future. As we enter the building season many are wondering how *close* is the future for the average guy. In evaluating this I'd be very interested in getting some feedback from those that have already made the leap.

Therefore, to those that have been flying electric pattern I have the following non-technical questions. I know this is a lot to ask, but having answers would be of great assistance to those that are interested in the technology.

1. How long have you been flying electric pattern?

2. Do you still also fly IC?

     2.a If so, why?

     2.b What percentage of flights do you make on IC vs. electric.

3. How many battery packs do you own?

4. How many flights do you make at a typical practice session?

5. What is the duration of your typical practice flight?

6. Are there times at the practice field where you would like to fly again but have to wait for packs to charge?

7. What's the max number of flights you have on any one battery pack?

8. Have you had any problems with battery packs wearing out or failing?

9. Would you consider going back to IC, either glow or gas (when gas is practical)?

10. Are you happy with your decision to change or do you feel that the money spent is too high for the reward until prices come down?

Thanks,
Keith Black

PS. I will also be posting this on RC Universe to expand the number of respondents.