Excelleron 90 engine

Eddie Batchelor perkinsrx at centurytel.net
Wed Nov 3 16:59:34 AKST 2004

Randy
The OS91 lists as 24.3oz turning a 14X10 @8400rpm to a 16x6 at 8300.  You
should definetly be under 8 pounds with this motor & the Excelleron. If you
pipe it properly it'll turn a bigger prop than that.

I am using a YS110 in my Explorer & TommyS is also in his Excelleron. Both
of us right at 8 pounds. I'll only speak for my prop but I am turning a
15x10 @8900rpm. The YS110 lists at 24.8oz

I looked up the Saito 150 since I have no experience with the motor. It
lists at 30 ounces and turns a 16x8 @8800rpm. I have no doubt the plane can
handle it. That will put you around 8&1/2 pounds. But do you need the power
at the expense of the extra weight.

Now the BIG question is your CG location. With the OS91 if you balance out
tail heavy it might justify the bigger motor(Saito).
Otherwise you might not enjoy the Excelleron/Saito150 combo as much as the
Excelleron/OS91.

6 ounces (diff in Saito 150 and the OS91)  is a lot in a pattern plane.

Eddie