FocusII.

William C. Harden flyinbill1 at bellsouth.net
Thu May 27 12:59:53 AKDT 2004

I hate to admit it, but so do I.

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: discussion-request at nsrca.org [mailto:discussion-request at nsrca.org]
On Behalf Of jivey61 at bellsouth.net
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2004 9:29 PM
To: discussion at nsrca.org
Subject: Re: FocusII.

 JG
No one would have known it if you had not told all of us about.Fly it
anyway. We all have had junky planes at some time or other.Still have.
Jim Ivey

> From: "jghughes" <jghughes at insightbb.com>
> Date: 2004/05/26 Wed PM 10:07:40 EDT
> To: <discussion at nsrca.org>
> Subject: FocusII.
>
> Well, don't know if anybody's interested, but I put my smashed FocusII
back together and had a test flight today. The crash broke the fuse into
three pieces and crushed about 4 inches of the right wing, just aft of
the wing tube. I pieced the fuse back together and dug out all the
crushed foam out of the wing and put light spackle in it's placed (I
know that is a totally hillbilly way to fix it, but I was still pissed
about the accident when I was working on it), then glassed everything.
Looks like total crap, wing is slightly wavy and the fuse ended up with
a slight bow on one side. . Surprisingly, it flew just like it did
before the crash! Now I wish I would have did a better job of
rebuilding!

# To be removed from this list, go to
http://www.nsrca.org/discussionA.htm