A "Lockhart Prop" Update...

RUDDERCABL at aol.com RUDDERCABL at aol.com
Tue May 25 13:27:13 AKDT 2004

In a message dated 5/25/2004 10:16:38 AM Eastern Standard Time,
d.pappas at kodeos.com writes:
I'm curious as to what RPM your 160 turns the 12" pitch prop, and as to
whether the 160 will turn the stock 13" with authority. That will be super quiet.
Dean
Dean and Bob

I have done it. The OS 1.60 will turn the stock 15.75x13 . I flew my Focus
with the 1.60 and that prop on 20% fuel with the OS 1.40RX pipe and Karl Mueller
header. Used a Kline regulator. My Focus was overweight, so I switched to the
1.40RX to lose some ounces. Sent my prop to Dave to repitch to an 11. Didn't
get to try it till last weekend, and it is great.

Another surprise. The 15x13w works well on the RX also. I had Dave repitch
one of them to a 13x10w. Saving it to test on a YS 1.40L when I get my
Temptation in the air.

Robert Gainey