Engine Tunning by plug color?

fishgod at pobox.mtaonline.net fishgod at pobox.mtaonline.net
Mon May 17 13:03:01 AKDT 2004

I am running a Mintor 170 with a Mintor Carbon pipe. Glow plugs are OS A5
in front and a OS F in the rear. I am running 15% Cool Power. The motor
seems to be running great. I decided to check the plugs and found that the
coils were very bright but the rest of the plug is very black. Can you by
plug color determine how the engine is tuned? Am I lean on the top end and
rich on the low and middle? There seems to be a lot of oil on the bottom of
the plane after flying. The motor does not sag in long up lines. I am
currently idling at 1800 with a top end of 8000 spinning an APC 17x13. Any
help would be appreciated.

Michael Laggis
NSRCA 3618

http://mail2web.com/ .