Rules Vote on Sportsman Planes

ronlock ronlock at comcast.net
Thu May 13 18:10:22 AKDT 2004

Hi All,

I was surprised to read that I had voted no to RCA-05-07 that allows CDs to allow any
AMA legal plane in Sportsman, without including such change in the sanction request.
My intention was to vote Yes.  Upon review of my personal spread sheets, and the
formal vote sheet I sent to AMA, I see that a clerical error on my part resulted in me
sending a No vote.  One more yes vote would have made the difference.
I apologize for that error, and will re-check my work more thoroughly.
Wish I could do more.

Ron Lockhart
PS -  A clairification - AMA rule paragraph 4.2  prescribes a score penalty for planes
not meeting noise standards, there is no requirement that they not be allowed to fly.

SNIP from Granelli Post:
>...For RCA-05-5, T/o & landing, 72% of D-1 fliers were against this change yet Scott voted for it anyway.
For RCA-05-7, any plane in Sportsman, 82% of D-1 fliers wanted any plane to fly, but Ron voted against this change.
For RCA-05-17, bring back the snap roll, 82% of D-1 fliers wanted the two maneuvers back in the schedule. Both Ron and Scott represented their constituents on this one, but I wish I had sent the survey to Mark as he voted against the restoration. His was the deciding vote and might have been different had he known about the survey...<