Rules Proposals Final Vote

RCSkyraidr at aol.com RCSkyraidr at aol.com
Thu May 13 10:23:48 AKDT 2004

I can't speak for every NSRCA District, but in D-1 only AMA sanctioned
contests count for championship points. Each pilot is permitted one out of District
contest, pilot's choice as to which one, to count toward championship points.

As for changing requirements, if the contest is AMA sanctioned, then it may
be counted no matter what changes the CD announces as long as there is
previous, AMA accepted notice.
It is difficult for me to see what detrimental effect on championships
allowing non-pattern planes to fly in Sportsman would have. Except maybe that we
would finally have new and more competitors.

In D-1, we need all the new pattern fliers we can get. We are running two
Primers this year just to get new pilots. Once we get them hooked, they are going
to be allowed to fly their AMA legal, sport performance planes in any D-1
contest if I can arrange it.

I plan to work with all the CD's in my district to be sure they can. I would
think that any other NSRCA District VP who cared about growing the sport would
want to do the same.

Frank G