Fuel Tank Mounting Help???

Larry N Lisa jed241 at msn.com
Wed May 12 08:56:26 AKDT 2004

I may have dodged a bullet when I pulled the belly pan off the Focus to inspect the equipment.

The fuel tank had worked it's way out of the web of nylon straps holding it in (read as, "loose in the fuse!!!!").

I bought the plane used and it seemed to be ok, aside from the cheesy appearance of the fuel tank mounting system. My initial opinions were proven to be correct. I know how I lock them in for my sport planes, but wanted to see some other ways that may be more secure.

How are some of you mounting the fuel tank in the Focus?

Please send pics offline to jed241 at msn.com

Thanks,

Larry Diamond
NSRCA 3083