Tuned Pipe.

Mike Hester kerlock at comcast.net
Tue May 11 21:39:07 AKDT 2004

I've seen it done on numerous planes using that set-up.

It works, but it lacks a little power and isn't quite as smooth as a properly tuned 2 stroke pipe. But it does work fine. If you later on convert over to the 2 stroke pipe, at that time you'll notice a difference. until then you'll be amazed at how well it actually does run on that set up.

It's just not ideal, and a particularly fussy masters/FAI pilot might not find it to thier liking.

But nothing beats a 2C140M80 ES pipe for the OS. That's simply the best pipe I've run across for that engine.

-Mike