Rules Proposals Final Vote

Jerry Stebbins JAStebbins at worldnet.att.net
Tue May 11 06:01:17 AKDT 2004

John's comments are interesting, but not totally correct.
I would assume that the info on the survey was "districtable" and therefore each rep could/should have found out how his membership voted. If not, one could assume a % by allocation and be close. In any case you would not expect the proposer to vote against his own proposal, or those of his compatriots. Also I would generally not expect the board members to vote against the Chairman's proposal, supported by NSRCA execs. or on their poposals, unless they had some very strong opposition expressed to them.
I expressed my comments verbally to John several times at contests, both factual rebuttals of his "rationale", and the legal implications of someone getting hit under a new rule that reduced the criteria, and need for takeoff "control". My mistake was to delete the long,and specific, comments I wrote and then deleted, after deciding they had all been previously expressed. I should have, at least , documented them for the record.
  I have been hit, and had to duck several times, while judging, over the past 11 years, and did not like it. Demonstration of control of the plane on the ground, and in the air is a basic Safety precept, and I think this sends the wrong message to the pilots. One takeoff this year at Pensacola was at right angles to the runway--luckily out, but the judges sure flinched!!!!!!!
No reason to duck, jus don"t judge!!!!!!
Jerry----- Original Message -----