rules proposals final result

Ed Deaver divesplat at yahoo.com
Sun May 9 18:21:19 AKDT 2004

That's cool then.  Have been out of the IMAC loop for only one year.

My point about AMA vs the sigs is still here.  I see similarities.  Another area is the turbine guys and their battle to fly their planes, within the AMA guidelines.  Ongoing as I understand it.

Some of my previous poss is supposition from the 5 years of intense competition in IMAC.  So I still question, as we are right now with the rules proposals, how much of this is simply what was "thought best" vs what info was put out after decisions made, vs we'll do things out way.

ps the 2 new IMAC fliers here in Lubbock have new planes, without cannisters and are every bit as loud as planes 5 years ago, so no from what I see and here they are not in mass changing, only some and probably related to the regions.

Ed
Robert Mairs <robertm at sssnet.com> wrote:
IMAC's not leaving the nats.  They just started an extra roving contest for those who consider it to far to drive to muncie.  60 limit was set by IMAC, not the ama.  IMAC wanted to use just one site, thus the limit, that's what the membership wanted.

On the contrary, practically all the imac guys have gone to pipes and have tried to quiet down their planes.  Just because it's a big plane, doesn't mean it's an imac plane.