YS 61AR LS Problem...

Karl G. Mueller kgamueller at rogers.com
Sat May 8 15:14:08 AKDT 2004

Larry,

Did you ever try running a different fuel? "Wildcat" fuel seems to be using
a heavier oil than most other fuels. I ran into problems with it on an other
Y.S. engine myself. Very inconsistent idle and often quitting on downlines.
It seems that the very narrow fuel passages in the Y.S. carbs don't like a
fuel with a thick oil and higher percentage as well. I also noticed that the
exhaust residue did have a darker look to it then with other fuels.

Karl G. Mueller
kgamueller at rogers.com