FIrst run of the season

Alan Hewson alan at countryworkshop.ca
Fri May 7 18:45:02 AKDT 2004

I finally got some good weather (and time) to run my OS160FX after having installed a Perry pump to supply fuel to the carb. I had trouble at first to get it running and when I did it was running lean (even though it flooded frequently when I first tried to get it running). After turning the screw on the end of the pump in one full turn to deliver more fuel, it could then get enough fuel and I could set up the mixtures.  The high speed needle got turned in just a little and the low speed needle got turned in almost one full turn.
It is running fairly well now but might need a slight adjustment once it warms up.
It was 7ºCelsius tonight when I ran it with moderate humidity. Bolly 590 muffler and Mueller header, 17 X 10N APC prop,  last year's 15% Cool Power fuel, K&B 1L glow plug.....nice idle and peaked at 8600 rpm (backed off 200 to be safe).
Can someone please bring us some decent (warm) weather?......and let the flying begin!!!
Alan Hewson

Laughing is good exercise......It's like jogging on the inside.

For all your Picture Framing needs, go to www.countryworkshop.ca