rules proposals final result

Lance Van Nostrand patterndude at comcast.net
Thu May 6 21:28:36 AKDT 2004

I need to vent:

I don't understand why there isn't more outrage on RCA05-05 (0 or 10 on takeoff and landing).  This proposal was written and submitted after the NSRCA survey results asked the question about judged takeoff/landings every which way possible and every time got the same answer: continue to judge these manuvers on a 0-10 scale.
   Pattern is all about presentation and sloppy TO/Landings detract from this.  When you are on the "stage" you are making your presentation.  This is why actors take a bow at the end of thier performance maintaining grace and style; or why TV newscasters hold their face until the commercial cutaway.  It's about completing the presentation.

I did my part, by reminding D6'ers in my March KFactor column to call their contest board member (phone #s provided).  But with the KFactor running a consistent month late, most people probably didn't get their March issue (written in February) until well into April.

--Lance