rules proposals final result

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Thu May 6 18:41:10 AKDT 2004

On May 6, 2004, at 9:26 PM, Atwood, Mark wrote:

> That was decided BEFORE this vote.  It was NOT on the ballot (Since
> I'm new to the process I can't answer why...I just know I didn't get
> to vote on it (I surely would have said just...I've wanted it for a
> long time)

I submitted the initial proposal, which included an annex of maneuver
descriptions and maneuver schedules, controlled by the NSRCA.  Steve
Kaluf sent it to the AMA Executive Council, recommending that they
refuse to accept it, so they did.  I was so PO'd that I washed my hands
of it.  John Fuqua and Tony Stillman took the proposal and rewrote it,
giving the R/C Aerobatics contest board final approval of anything
NSRCA came up with (we can't be trusted to write maneuver descriptions
and schedules without parental supervision).  The vote on that proposal
failed because some of the contest board members FAILED TO VOTE.
That's why we are where we are.

Ron Van Putte