Pawnee Rock Contest

Ed Deaver divesplat at yahoo.com
Tue May 4 13:15:10 AKDT 2004

The interested thing about this contest is 5 states were represented with trophies going to all states.

Was a fun contest.

ed

Bob Pastorello <rcaerobob at cox.net> wrote:
For those in D5 or 6 who didn't make this, it was a blast!  Terry did a great job of putting it together;  a very laid back, friendly contest.  Great site, terrific overfly horizon, and PLENTY of Kansas hospitality!
    In addition, we had 30 degree wind chill, gusty and variable North winds on Saturday morning, but by noon, it turned VERY nice.  Classes were pretty even in attendance from Intermediate, Advanced and Masters, with one each in FAI and Sportsman.  With the exception of the usual contestant-judging hiccups ( is it EVER easy to coordinate that?), things ran well.
    The only "controversy" would have been something about "ooohhing" and "aaahhing" from the North end of the pit area during Masters' class.....hmmm. <VBG>
    Great parking, pit area, and great grass all over!

Sorry I missed last year, and will certainly plan to attend NEXT time!
(Terry, be sure to send the contest results to Lance VanNostrand, D6 VP for tallying, please!!)

Bob Pastorello
rcaerobob at cox.net
www.rcaerobats.net