Suggestions for entry level pattern plane

george kennie geobet at gis.net
Sat May 1 16:12:19 AKDT 2004

Jamie is "right on" on this one. Irrespective of price the Javelin is
head and shoulders above anything else in the 40 size arena. The Venus
is the most neutral airplane in the class, but the extra 10 inches of
fuse length on the Javelin renders it more pitch stable. I recently
crashed my Javelin due to the antenna breaking off right at the strain
relief on the reveiver and I immediately ordered another as I will not
be without a Javelin.Gotta be the best kept secret in the 40 class
ranks.And at a buck-and-a-half is a better value than many others in
class.
I flew the Venus today in 25 mph 85 degree crosswinds and went thru the
Advanced, Masters, and Interemediate patterns all in one flight. It's
got a YS-53 in it and works pretty well. Was it pretty? Not really!( at
least not to me, but one of the onlookers uttered the word" SMOOTH). But
certainly challenging.
The Venus is a really fun plane to fly, but like Ron says I also have
mine set up with patern throws and on low rates it still has a pretty
violent snap.The Venus will fly horizon to horizon knife-edge with your
right hand held above your head holding in only rudder, no roll-couple,
no pitch-couple, and no mix. Utterly amazing. In spite of this I still
prefer the precision of the Javelin. Wonderful little airplane.
Georgie