Pitch gage (was Re: YS Engines)

David Lockhart DaveL322 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 30 12:05:53 AKST 2004

Dave,

I know in an effort to simplify some of the old pylon events, there was a
rule stating only one blade of the propeller could be modified (presumably
to balance the prop).  I knew pylon racers that would go through entire
boxes of props looking for the ones with the greatest imbalance - and then
they would customize the heck out of the heavy blade until the prop
balanced - they figured 1 bad blade and 1 good blade was better than 2
matched bad blades.

Dave