CG location vs total weight

Del K. Rykert drykert at localnet.com
Mon Mar 29 17:20:26 AKST 2004

Hi Xavier..
    Remember that elevator controls speed and throttle controls elevation.  The speed component is what need to be addressed to keep the wing from stalling more so in the 2# heavier plane. Pitch control is going to take much less elevator/drag input the more the CG is moved back.  If you truly want to make a pattern airplane 2# heavier than it needs to be I guess I am missing the fundamentals of why we normally strive so hard to keep our competition aircraft as light as possible. Speed is a factor that has to be increased for a heavier aircraft to stay in the air as wing loading is higher. C.G. I believe is primarily a factor within realistic flight parameters that different pilots choose to fly at different places to get the track and feel from their aircraft, not a component of carrying more weight.
    I suspect this is part of your weight lifting project?

                         del
               NSRCA - 473