YS Engines

vicenterc at comcast.net vicenterc at comcast.net
Mon Mar 29 14:02:12 AKST 2004

Looks like I need to learn how to re-pitch 3 blade props.

I have two planes a Hydeout (with retracts) with an OS 140 RX.  I would like to reduce the downline speed.  I have a Focus with a Mintor 140 that is OK on the downlines but probably will be better is I can reduce the speed a little.

Yesterday, I tried to go down to 1500 rpm but the engine dies on the spin.  The minimum possible is around 1700 rpm.

Another solution is for me is to buy a 3 blade prop standard that will work with the OS-140.  Any ideas?

I just realize that I have to buy a new spinner also.

Vicente