Trimming Help

Lance Van Nostrand patterndude at comcast.net
Sun Mar 28 19:31:42 AKST 2004

Paul,
By proverse roll are you saying the plane corkscrews as it rolls? There are a lot of possible reasons for this.  You may need opposite differential (more down than up).  If you mean it rolls and wobbles you may need more differential (more up than down).  don't know what plane you are flying, but most pattern planes don't really need differential.  When I've seen this it has been due to a forward CG or incorrectly set wing/stab incidence.  both are correctable (if you have wing adjusters).  Theres' gotta be a set of experienced hands near you that can help here.
--Lance