discussion@nsrca.org

Ed Hartley roho2 at rcpattern.com
Sun Mar 28 16:11:57 AKST 2004

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:

We are receiving to many non-deliverable emails from this list!

The main culprit is "Mail Boxes to FULL" or "Message would exceed quota for < xxxxx at grapevine.net >"! When you server reaches a level where it will no longer accept your emails I receive the following for each email sent to the list. So if there is one person who has this situation and fifteen emails are sent to the list, I receive fifteen for him. Now multiply this by fifteen folks with this problem and you see what happens. Today, March 18, 2004 I received over one-hundred and fifty of these.

I.E.
"<xxxxx at grapevine.net>:
208.252.179.200 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 452 4.2.2 Message would exceed quota for <xxxxxx at grapevine.net>
Giving up on 208.252.179.200.
I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long."

There is a time consuming fix for this, I will be removing anyone from the list when I receive a notification of this sort. I humbly suggest you either empty your mail box regularly or acquire more capacity. If you stop receiving email from the list you will have to rejoin. If this situation occurs more than twice, you will be blocked from joining the list. This rule is in effect immediately.

I am sorry to make this rule, but I am sure you understand screening one-hundred-fifty or more emails a day is quite time consuming!

Thank you for your assistance in this matter.
Ed Hartley