Nats Proposal

Jerry Budd jbudd at QNET.COM
Sat Mar 27 07:54:46 AKST 2004

>Some things to think about as you advise your Dist VP's of your
>position regarding the pending Nats proposal. Change is always
>resisted by someone and generally I dislike change solely for the
>sake of change as much as anyone.

I'd like to be able to advise my Dist VP of my position concerning
the pending Nats proposal, however that's not possible for me (or
anyone else for that matter) to do objectively without having first
seen the full written proposal.  So far all I've seen is a short
eMail from Tony Stillman that says "95% of the NATS proposal is just
like that of last year" and that the banquet's been moved.  Problem
is, I never saw last years proposal either.

It sounds as if there is a written proposal that has been submitted,
but so far I haven't been able to get anyone to send it to me.  Any
idea why that is?  Whenever something that is supposed to be open and
available to the public is kept hidden (I don't know that that is the
case here, but I also don't know that it isn't) then people become
suspicious about what's really going on.  And that isn't a good thing.

It's not about change, it's about inclusion in the decision making
process.  If we the general NSRCA membership are expected to give
input to our Dist VP's then we need something tangible to base those
inputs on.  If we're not, then lets quit playing the charade that it
appears we are all playing, and tell the general membership that the
NSRCA Officers will "figure out what's best for all of us".

>My vote to approve the Nats proposal as submitted.

I wish I could, but for lack of detailed information (i.e. the actual
written proposal) I simply can't.

For me, no information = a "No" recommendation.

Jerry
--
Jerry Budd
mailto:jbudd at qnet.com