SmaragdZ CG

Patternrules at aol.com Patternrules at aol.com
Thu Mar 25 06:40:14 AKST 2004

In a message dated 3/25/2004 10:13:15 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
Patternrules at aol.com writes:
I have 2 Smaragd the newer one has the tune in a different place than the
first that I bought from Pete Collinson becaus of this we need to work from the
leading edge, I check but as memory serves me right the newer one had the tube
7/8 in. farther back than the original one, this can made a big difference
 Ok I just checked and the old is 5 3/4 from the front and the new is 6 3/4
so you need to shoot for from Troy's figures 6 15/16 for the 30mm or 7 5/16 for
the 40mm form leading edge I just ran into a problem with mine I had changed
equitment and taken some weight out but didn't recheck cg, it flew ok till I
tried to land it and the nose would drop out real bad it was just barely tail
heavy by no more than a 1/4 in so that's why I felt the need to send these mine
was setup originally at the 40 MM so if you go with the 6 15/16 from leading
edge you'll be safe. Just a way to double check.

Steve Maxwell