NATS

mike mueller mups1953 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 24 15:05:09 AKST 2004

 Great explanation. Thanks

Tony Stillman <tony at radiosouthrc.com> wrote:Keith:

The process begins once the Event Director is found.  That took some time, as no one jumped at the idea of doing this at the end of the last NATS.  Jeff Hill has put in his time, and now is ready to pass the job to someone else.

Chip and Dave came along and said they would handle it.  However, they didn't understand how important communications with NSRCA is!  Now, NSRCA is made to look bad because of it.

AMA has deadlines to keep in order to get out the NATS stuff.  Planning for the 2004 NATS takes place in the October of 2003.  As we didn't have a ED yet, Jeff attended with the idea that everything would be as 2003....THIS MAY STILL BE THE CASE!

This is the reason that nothing has been said to the membership, as nothing has yet to be approved that would change the operation of the NATS from what it was in 2003!

So, what you have in the NATS package is correct, as of right now!

All the other discussion by those who "think" they know, are just causing confusion.  When I took over as NSRCA President, I told all the VP's that everything would be approved by them, especially when it came to the NATS.  Well, that is EXACTLY what will happen this time.  I will not be making a decision on my own just because I am President.....

The ball is in Chip and Dave's court.  If we don't get a final proposal that we can discuss and approve VERY SOON, we will have no choice but to stay with the NATS just as it was last year, with the exception that the F3A finals will also pick the 3-man team for 2005.  That change will be invisible to the operations of the NATS.

Ron Van Putte is the NSRCA VP in charge of the NATS operations.  He will get the proposal covering all the changes and put that in front of the NSRCA Board of Directors (VP's and officers).  Until Ron has that document in hand, we don't know what all the changes that are proposed.  Obviously, those that require time to implement may not happen!

If I sound a little frustrated, please forgive me....  Ron has been working to get this info for some time, as we both knew there would be problems if the new NATS plan was slow to get to Ron.....  Yep, we were right!

Please give Ron and Chip and Dave some time to get this done.  They are trying to put together a quality event, and have some very good ideas.  Not everyone likes change, but sometimes it is a good thing to give a new idea a try....

Tony Stillman
Radio South
3702 N. Pace Blvd.
Pensacola, FL 32505