Nat's

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Wed Mar 24 06:30:28 AKST 2004

On Mar 23, 2004, at 6:37 PM, Henderson,Eric wrote:

> Ron,
>          Did I get it wrong? My sources are usually very accurate. In
> this case, as far as I know,  the info came from what has gone out to
> FAI potential trialists. The info that I have says that the 406
> Nationals will be a team trials format. The Nat's CD's would be too
> busy on Wednesday to run a banquet. Instead a BBQ? and awards ceremony
> would` be held after the finals on Thursday for all classes.

We had the same problem in 2000, when Bob Noll ran a combined Nats/F3A
Team Selection.  As NSRCA Nats coordinator, my first priority is to
make sure all the Nats competitors are treated fairly (get in all the
days and rounds planned that weather will permit).  I bumped heads with
AMA officials then, because AMA wanted to shortchange the Nats
competitors in favor of the F3A Team Selection competitors if weather
threatened to push Team Selection out of the R/C Aerobatics time slot.
Fortunately we had good weather in 2000 and there was no conflict.  I
hope we don't have weather conflicts this year.  However, I am prepared
to insist that the Nats competitors get their planned rounds.

> I did not know that it was sort of secret. Sorry if I spoke too soon.
> I was doing my usual action of stirring up interest-by-discussion, and
> hopefully lighting a fire under folks to send in their entry forms.

There's nothing secret, but none of the NSRCA board members (including
me) have seen the Nats plan.  As you know, The board must approve the
Nats plan before it is official.

> If this is still not finalized, (March is nearly over), do you know
> when it will be. I posted my note because many of us are sending in
> our entry forms now. We are also requesting  our time vacation
> time from our  bosses and last of all booking our hotel rooms.

Tony Stillman and I have bee pressing Chip and Dave to get the Nats
plan to us.  They were embroiled with trying to get approval of the F3A
TEam Selection plan and just recently finished that.

> We really do need to know as soon as possible what is happening. Do
> you know when will it go to the board and when will it be voted on?

I agree that people need to know the Nats plan.  However, it isn't
prudent to publish anything until the plan is approved.  SOON, I hope!

Ron Van Putte