Typhoon 2000 3-View? Engine Stand Plans?

Michael Laggis fishgod at pobox.mtaonline.net
Tue Mar 23 06:26:25 AKST 2004

Typhoon 2000 3-View? Engine Stand Plans?Timothy,
As for the Mintor 170 test stand, I built on out of stuff I had in the garage.  I used 5/8 x 8 particle board, 2x2 pine, Hangar 9 aluminum engine mount, and a Dave Brown soft pipe mount.   I took a piece of 5/8 particle board and cut it at approx 30 inch and used that for the base.  I then cut a 3 more pieces of 5/8 at approx 6 inches.  I glued and screwed one of the 5/8 pieces on the end like a firewall,  the other two 6 inch pieces were used to tie the fire wall back into the base.  I mounted the engine mount so that the header would clear.  With the pipe on the motor I measured how high it was from the base and cut a piece of 2x2 to fit with a DB soft mount mounted on top.  For a throttle control just used 2-56 rod and ran it through a small hole in the fire wall.  There was enough friction to keep the throttle from moving.  When all the glue was dry, I used drywall screws and screwed it down to a table.  Worked great and it only took about 40 min to build.

Thanks
Michael Laggis
AKA Moose Boy
NSRCA 3618