Monokote Iron Socks

ronlock at comcast.net ronlock at comcast.net
Thu Mar 18 05:19:37 AKST 2004

Baby socks also work pretty good as iron socks.  One, maybe two
socks will do a plane before the tip burns through.

Ron Lockhart

"Wayne Galligan" <wgalligan at goodsonacura.com>  [ Save address ]
To:  <discussion at nsrca.org>
Subject:  Re: Monokote help provided!
Date:  Thu, 18 Mar 2004 08:02:41 -0600
I will second that on the Century 21 iron.  Has the a nice smooth curve in
the shoe and the temp is nice and even.
 I use old cotton shirts to make the shoe protector.  The best I found so
far is a real soft cotton turtleneck that I bought for $12.  Washed it once
to soften it up a bit and then cut it up for use. It will make many iron
socks.  I think they are about $3.50 ea. at the LHD.

Wayne G.