Pattern Toolbox-ing

Mike East mweast at prodigy.net
Thu Mar 18 01:28:14 AKST 2004

I have the exact same thing. HotRod34a had one and I thought it was very practical so I got one for myself as have several other club members. I carry everything except for my transmitter in it. I have an awkward fuel tank mounted in it though. Im using a 1 gallon gas can and it doesnt fit right. If anyone has a can idea that will fit flat in the bottom and is short enough to fit under the lower lid please fill me in. I have my pump mounted to the outside so I can fuel up without opening the box. I keep my glow lighter in my pocket and  a gel cell strapped to the bottom of my starter so Im totally portable. Only thing Im tied to the box for is fueling. I have everything known to modeling in there but once it is on the ground I just grab the handle and it rolls behind me wherever I go.

Mike

Bob Pastorello <rcaerobob at cox.net> wrote:
In my quest for "fewer trips from van to workshop" loading/unloading, going and coming, I have wanted a single container that would carry the "normal" toolbox, Radio South Pro Driver, starter on it's NiCad base, 1 gallon DuBro fuel jug, and the Tx (safely).
    Of course, it had to have wheels, be sturdy, not a big footprint, etc.etc.

Found it at Wally World....Stanley, "Rolling Workbox", $24.99.  Has a folding handle, lots of little compartments to lose all the small irreplaceable parts in, is plastic (or whatever that stuff is), has wheels, and will permit ONE trip for "airplane", and ONE trip for "flight support"....

Just thought I'd share the discovery for the other lazy pattern people out there...

Bob Pastorello, Oklahoma
NSRCA 199, AMA 46373
rcaerobob at cox.net
www.rcaerobats.net