F3A Definitions

george kennie geobet at gis.net
Wed Mar 10 13:57:51 AKST 2004

Here I go!  Maybe it's just semantics. I think that point rolls should
maybe be thought of as "hesitation rolls" which contrasts defineably
with "continuous rolls". A 1/2 roll would therefore be a continuous
roll, but 2/2 would be a hesitation roll.  Combinations could get a
little sticky. Hesitation and continuous could exhibit the same rolling
element "speed" without presenting the same roll rate.That is, the
rolling speed of each element may be equal between the two maneuvers,
but the hesitation maneuver may consume a greater duration based upon
the length of the hesitation thereby causing the roll rate to be
greater.

If the 1/2 roll on exit is defined as part of the maneuver then the 1/2
roll must be considered as a contiguous element of the overall maneuver
and the maneuver as a whole must be centered thereby causing the spin to
be executed prior to center equidistant from the completion of the roll.

Boy, we better be careful. Troy is going to come blasting in here any
minute and give us a tongue lashing. Too much detail!, too much detail!!

I still feel that you can not judge accurately without a clear
understanding of the details, which applies equally to me.
Georgie

# discussion-request at nsrca.org