valve extraction

george kennie geobet at gis.net
Tue Mar 9 06:18:33 AKST 2004

Hey Guys,
I need a little help here.I have an OS-70  4-Stroke that I broke the
head on and I have procured a replacement head and I am trying to remove
the valves from the old head. When I compress the valve spring the
spring retainer does not slide down the valve stem allowing removal of
the clips at the top of the stem.There's gotta be something else going
on here. What am I doing wrong and how do I disassemble these units
please?
Thanks for any help,
Georgie

# discussion-request at nsrca.org