Hi Visibility color schemes

White, Chris chris at ssd.fsi.com
Thu Mar 4 09:53:32 AKST 2004

Hi,
I'm finishing a Temptation and have some scheme layouts made up, but am
re-thinking the issue.  Is there anyone out there who has any knowledge in
their data banks which would indicate what colors and or scheme breakout
patterns which are more readily visible to the human eye against any given
background color? (blue or gray sky)

I think one of the biggest problems I have as a 30 year sport pilot
converting to pattern is the ability to fly the airplane far enough out to
remain in the box, yet still be able to see the airplane well enough to
determine wings level or bank angle. (Goes against everything in me to fly
150 yards out!!!)

Any help you can provide is appreciated....
thanks,
Chris White
(Tulsa)