Coupler Size for Mintor Header/Pipe

Bob Pastorello rcaerobob at cox.net
Wed Mar 3 09:01:48 AKST 2004

McMaster Carr - again - offers nylon ties in various lengths, widths,
tensile strenghts, etc.  I chose to use "double locking", meaning there are
teeth on BOTH sides of the ties, and the locking tabs have two jaws that
hold the teeth.  Bought a very inexpensive tie-installing tool (around $5)
at Lowe's (in the electrical section).
    If one is careful to clean all oil from the outer surface of the header
and the pipe, and uses a fresh, dry piece of coupler....the tie wraps, under
adequate tension - will hold for a very long time.

Cheap nylon ties = guaranteed failure.
One can also use hose "spring clamps", if you can find them at auto stores
or dealers.  Spring clamps work well, but they trap a lot of heat being
metal...

Bob Pastorello, Oklahoma
NSRCA 199, AMA 46373
rcaerobob at cox.net